Proposals for XRM2022 have been received from Hamburg (DESY), Lund, Sweden (MaxIV) and from Paris, France (Soleil).
Congratulations to MaxLab (Lund, Sweden), who has won the bid to host XRM2022.
Hosts for future X-ray Microscopy Conferences are selected four years in advance by public presentation of proposals by prospective hosts, and popular vote by the conference attendees at each XRM conference. Time will be set aside during the conference (typically toward the end) for these events.
The host and venue for the XRM 2020 meeting was selected at XRM 2016 in Oxford, UK, and will be held in Hsinchu, Taiwan. Proposals to host future XRM conferences (specifically XRM 2022) and related questions should be sent to the Chair of the International Advisory Committee, Ian McNulty <email@example.com).
Serious proposals should address the following points:
- Planned dates
- Planned location and venue
- Conference proceedings plans (open access is expected)
- Financial assistance planned for invited speakers and students
- Related attractions (such as local microscopy developments)
- Satellite meeting plans (if any)
- Any other reasons why this venue is the best place to host XRM.
- Indicate the level of institutional support you have at this stage to host XRM