Instructions to speakers:
The Speaker Ready Room is in Gallery Suite II on the main floor of TCU Place. There will be a projector, screen, laptop, and wireless presenter available in this room. For speakers with a lot of graphics, it’s advisable to test your talks first in the Speaker Ready Room.
Techs will be in the lecture rooms for a half hour before the talks begin for the day, during the breaks, and at lunch time.
Please provide your talk on a flash drive to the tech in the room you are speaking in. Please feel free to provide your talk on the day or days before you are speaking!
The computer in the lecture room will have the latest version of PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat installed.
Speakers can use their own laptop computer if necessary. VGA and HDMI video inputs available. Speakers using their Mac computers should bring a video adaptor specific to their computer. Speakers using their own laptop should verify that their computer works before the start of the session.
As we want sessions to stay on time, excessive time spent loading your talk / setting up your laptop during the session will come out of your allotted talk time.
Plenary talks are 45 minutes in length, including 5 minutes for questions; invited talks are 30 minutes in length, including 5 minutes for questions; submitted talks are 20 minutes in length, including 5 minutes for questions. The chair will work to keep the sessions on time; please help by keeping your talk within the allotted time, and following the chair’s prompts to wrap up.
Instructions to poster presenters:
- The poster size should be no larger than 120 cm x 120 cm
- Group A posters can be mounted on Sunday, August 19, from 1800 onwards, or Monday August 20 before 1015. Viewing and presentation of Group A posters will be August 20 and August 21, 1715 - 1900. Posters MUST be removed right after the August 21 viewing session
- Group B posters can be mounted on Wednesday, August 22, before 1015. Viewing and presentation of Group B posters will be August 22 from 1225-1435, and again on August 23 from 1545-1745. Posters MUST be removed right after the August 23 session
- Poster numbers will be indicated on the poster boards, and mounting materials will be provided
Poster Slam Presenters:
- Please provide your talk in advance, per email instructions